Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bottle Cap

If you find a single bottle cap on the beach you would have a treasure, a reminder of a wonderful day in the sun. If you find a dozen bottle caps you would have a hand full of litter. That is sometimes the way that I feel about blogs, about photography. I wonder about my adding to this litter of words and images, I wonder to what end. I lost my little camera, it can't be found. I must have set it down on a job or in a cafe. It is most likely in the hands of another.

I feel content not taking pictures, taking a break from it. My wife wants me to buy another camera she says it's part of who I am... I think that I would like to be someone else for a little while, think about other things.

I baked the most amazing loaf of bread today and hung a new door on my front closet, a carpenter, a baker, a prose writing faker. Work is a little slow but I have plenty of the nonpaying variety to do around the house.

I'll cut this short, I'll press just one bottle cap into your hand to take away and stash in that shoe box in your mind, to remind you of a happy day.

6 comments:

joyce said...

Bottle caps can be unique....when I was a kid I would collect them and pound them all onto a big stick to display. Some people's trash is other people's treasures.
And hey, I understand taking a break from your camera, just don't give it up for good!!

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Words or photos, your blog is fun! "...a carpenter, a baker, a prose writing faker..." Not a faker, not at all!

Joie Moring said...

the smallest things can change the way we see the world, the way we make our way through it...you with a loaf of bread and a hammer instead of a camera, is working out pretty well. keep at it.

caryjo said...

I like your thinking. The "bottle cap" was a great example.Didn't want to begin blogging b/c I saw blogging as an ego issue... however, I found out that it's a "job" and great opportunity to meet people. So committing myself to it at this time in life.

georgia b. said...

i miss your blogging.
=(

Peter Tschirhart said...

I kind of miss blogging too Georgia. I miss the feeling of knocking one off and putting it out there for you and my other friends to read. I haven't been taking any pictures lately either just some snapshots with my phone. Stupid stuff to post on facebook. I think I need to get a kick in the pants! and get off my butt! What size shoes do you wear?