Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dickson Park


I took this picture last night when I was tobogganing with my son. Dickson park has a great hill, it's one of the best spots to go in Cambridge, A good size hill swoops down and flattens out onto the empty fairground. Galtonian children have been sliding down this hill for over a century.

When I was standing at the top watching my kid slide, trying to stop my little terrier from chasing him, I noticed a family of new Canadians.
I don't know where these folks came from originally, I'd guess Latin America. They were probably more accustom to the heat of the tropics then the harsh winters of their new home.

In all the history of Dickson hill sliding, I don't believe anyone has had more fun than that transplanted family, especially that father, he really wore those kids out.

Welcome to Cambridge Amigo, thanks for reminding me how nice my city is all year round.

2 comments:

georgia b. said...

this just made me smile.

and the photo is really—oh, shoot. i can't find a word that won't sound redundant! it's just beautiful.

georgia b. said...

leave it to you to take the opportunity to make me laugh instead of showing that you know the answer.

or do you really not know the answer.

either way, you made me laugh in typical Peter style.

:)