Thursday, January 29, 2009

Muse-ic



I love music, all kinds. I can find something in just about every genre, that speaks to me. I love the old boys , the crooners. If I had to pick a favourite it would be Dean Martin. Sorry Frank, you were great too, but I have to go with Deano, I'm a sucker for the female vioce also. I'm over the moon for Senade O'Conor, I don't care that she's bald and tore up a photo of the Pope, I still listen to her songs.

I once took one of those bamboo torches that you set out for a garden party and fashioned it into a Japenese flute. I can't play any instrument but I was able to make my creation emit some haunting sounds.

I've been having some conversations with a good friend about music, she's sent me some to listen to. The girl has teased and tickled my brain. She's made me want to explore more.

Music is one of a few thing that you may enjoy even if you know nothing about it. I would add to that list, food, love, and sunshine.

4 comments:

georgia b. said...

love these photos! so different than anything i've seen from you yet! such rich beautiful colors!

the guitar—is it yours? do you play? if so, you never said so.

it is such a beautiful instrument—both in sound and in shape! have you ever heard anything by Christopher Parkening? or better yet, Andre Segovia? if not, i recommend either.

the recording quality of Parkening will be better, as he is more current. but the playing of Segovia is unmatched.

i enjoyed this post. everything about it. .the title. the photos. your words.

how true is your last paragraph.

georgia b. said...

i just read this and it reminded me of your post:

"There is nothing in the world that is not mysterious, but the mystery is more evident in certain things than in others: in the sea, in the eyes of the elders, in the color yellow and in music."

do you recognize it?

Peter Tschirhart said...

You're going to have to fill me in.

Larry Poulton said...

I can't imagine a world without music, my life without music or a day without music. From PS3 to iMac to iPod, it follows me everywhere.... and that is just the way I like it!