Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gerry


I got out of the warehouse today, I had the pleasure of working my pal Gerry, we've worked for the same company for along time. There was a time when we worked together all the time. Now its a rare treat when I get to go out in the field and give him a hand. In honour of the occasion he bought me a coffee and a bagel at Tim Horton's, for those reading who don't know of Tim Horton's, it's a coffee shop, kinda like Starbucks only a little more blue collar and instead of being named after a Herman Melville character, it's name after a dead hockey player.

Gerry's about 20 years older than me but we get along like pals. He has a couple of lifetimes worth of stories, many of which involve numbers. He says things like "We were driving at a speed of 80, we were gittin 14 miles to the gallon, it was 2 in the morning, we were 70 miles outa Montreal"
And then he gets himself confused and says " It's a B.S. story anyway you can make up the numbers, little buddy."