Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Link

My blog, this place here, started on a whim. I thought that I would post my thoughts and photos, I thought that I might follow a few other blogs and find some inspiration and a different way of looking at the world. I liked that people looked at my pictures and read my words, such encouragement I received, so far beyond any I had given. Through blogging I've made a great friend and read so many wonderful things and viewed such lovely photographs, paintings, read some fantastic writing.


When I first started, I made a rule that I would only post things that I had created... but now I see that we live by too many rules and I think I'll post this link to a video of a song at I would hear on the CBC as I rolled down the highway in my service van. Rolling into cities large and the small towns of southern Ontario, fixing things for people, chatting with people and sharing a joke. I drove hundreds of kilometres a day, and when I heard this song on the radio it made me feel like I was in the groove, I could feel all that road moving underneath me, sliding along on a grand asphalt ribbon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNAFRg6jYA





1 comment:

georgia b. said...

Loved it!
love the lyrics to that song!

and i love "sliding along on a grand asphalt ribbon."
!!!

(oh, and i beg to differ. you have given equal encouragement. you have inspired much—at least to my eyes.)