Thursday, December 18, 2008

Face


Behind these hands is the most handsome face. I've kissed it when it first appeared on this earth, and every day there after I kissed it again. I wouldn't have traded those kisses for travel, for money, for any other excitement. It's been a good run of kisses, these nine and one half years.
I know that circumstance will interrupt this practice from time to time, as the future stretches itself out before us.

It's the sweetest thing to stand over a sleeping baby, to softly kiss his face and whisper, God bless you and keep you safe.

1 comment:

georgia b. said...

i love this. if your son is anything like my nephews, he hates having his picture taken, and thus the hands over the face.

my dad used to grab each of us kids and while we were trying to squirm away from him, he would say, "a thousand kisses." and then kiss us really fast like 15 or 20 times on the cheek. then he would pause and say, "one . . ." and resume with his his kisses. as much as we tried to get away, we were loving being caught right there.

the second paragraph is a great picture. my husband and i are hoping to be able to say the same of our own some day.