Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Inner Peacock

When I see a person in a shiny car it makes me think of a peacock. I'm not making fun of that person, we all have our ways of puffing out our chests and displaying our feathers. Dancing a little to catch the fickle eye of the hen. With us humans it's not always a rooster hen thing, mating often has nothing to do with it. As humans we have a need to be noticed.

Nice hair cut. Thank you, is that a new coat? Why, yes I got it for a steal! Excuse me I have to check my blackberry, can't leave the office for a moment. Gosh, don't I know it!

Did you see my picture?

Did you read the clever thing that I wrote?

4 comments:

georgia b. said...

hmmmmm . . . trying to figure out exactly what your message is here.
???

you said you were cynical. is this one from you cynical side?


well, awesome photo regardless.

georgia b. said...

oh, wait. correction. you said you are far from cynical, but you like cynical humor.

so, i'm guessing this is humorous writing from you. if not, then it sure sounds cynical.

but, i could not agree more. we have a need to be noticed. it's very obvious in some (like me) and hardly noticeable in others. but i'm pretty sure we all need and want it the same amount.

don't you think that's what blogs are all about? or is that your message here?

i'm a little slow sometimes.

Peter Tschirhart said...

This is just a musing on human nature. Things come into my mind and I like to spend time thinking about them. I try to make sense of my little pet thoughts. I don't have any great words of wisdom and I rarely have a point, just random thoughts. Writing about things helps me set them in my mind. I'm like a little squid, when I encounter something that I don't fully understand I shoot ink at it. :)

georgia b. said...

oh.

;-)